All the students who took our 8 weeks training program, 90% of them found internships and jobs. Please click here https://www.cityinvestmenttraining.com/ to learn more.
Check our popular ebook "Top 100 Investment Banking Questions with Answers".
Click here to get your copy: https://www.cityinvestmenttraining.com/blog
What are some of the shortcomings of using EBITDA to value a company?
• At times EBITDA is used as a quick and dirty proxy of the firm’s free cash flow.
• But free cash flow as we will learn includes capital investment, changes in tax assets and liabilities and changes in working capital.
• Given that EBITDA ignores the company’s debt, tax and capital obligations it remains open to manipulation by the management and gives an incomplete picture of profitability.
• Therefore, many investors/analysts who use EV/EBITDA to value companies compliment this by using EV/EBIT as well to value the company.
• Capital intensive industries such as autos, shipping, telecom and transportation amongst others are extremely capital heavy industries and using EBITDA measures to analyse profitability of these companies ignores a critical component that weighs on valuation i.e. capex.
Despite the onset of Covid-19 and its accompanying challenges, our program registered a 90% placement rate for students on our 8 weeks training programs. Our students secure jobs at marquee investment banks such as Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Citi Bank and Deutsche Bank among others. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to check your eligibility for the course.
Get your copy of our "Top 100 Investment Banking Questions with Answers".Please click this link to get a copy of our popular eBook!